Sunday, May 13, 2007

POLITICS

Tomorrow is the Day of Judgment. Have the politicians done right in their campaigning? Have their strategies worked? Did their attacks on their opponents and their attempts at creating sterling images for themselves make an impact on the consciousness of the voters? Will all the late nights, the sweat, the money, and all the efforts exerted prove to be productive?

Who among the politicians would be praying tonight? Could there be any politician out there who can fearlessly look up and talk to his god? Or would he try to make a bargain, like: “Lord, make me win tomorrow’s election and I will dump my mistress.” Or, “Lord, just this once and I will stop my gambling.” And would his god listen?

It is said that every human being engages in politics. Just the mere act of trying to enhance how the next person perceives us effectively makes each of us a politician. But to actually be vying for an elective position and currently having all the election-related fears, I wouldn’t want to be in a politician’s shoes right now!

No comments: